Independent Hardware Group (IHG) is a supply avenue for the truly independent timber business.
We have a legacy of supporting family-owned businesses and protecting the long-term viability of the independent trade sector. We leverage the $2.1 billion buying power of Mitre 10 and Home Timber & Hardware to support unbannered hardware and timber specialty operators under our Australia Hardware Wholesalers (AHW) model.
An AHW trading account gives you the flexibility to manage your business independently but with B2B support and financial reward to thrive in your respective market. How? By focusing on what’s most important to your trade business – access to trusted products at the right price, reward for your loyalty and volume and, importantly, support tools that lower your business costs.
1. Lowering Your CODB
While you invest in the latest design and manufacturing techniques, we support your business with services that help you work smarter, not harder. In an increasingly fragmented market, IHG is here to help independent businesses eliminate costly administration and identify efficiencies that can fuel your long-term profitability.
- No joining fees
- One single Chargeback Account – access to 1250+ suppliers (30-60 day terms)
- One single monthly statement for all purchases
- Access to Groups Deals & Services eg. Fuel Cards, Credit Cards, Insurance, Telstra, Energy
- 24/7 access to your online ordering account
- Customer Service Team – IHG Hub 1300 880 440
IHG rebates are the most powerful and lucrative component of our trade model and a true point of difference to other buying groups. A low-cost and transparent model that rewards loyalty and volume. We work with you to maximise your return.
Over $81 million was returned to members last financial year – that is the value of belonging to the Group.
- Group Discount– volume rebate paid off supplier invoices
- Settlement Discount – volume rebate paid off monthly statement
- Trade Volume Rebate – loyalty incentive for every trade purchase paid twice yearly.
3. Whole of House Solutions
We proud to have been a trusted partner to the Trade for decades. From foundation to fit-out and everything in between, we make it our business to know our members’ business with support at every stage of the house build. This includes pre-fabrication and supply & install solutions to help every Trade operator align with the expertise and grow the partnership you have with your builders.
We call it a true Whole of House solution – a complete trade range to support your business.
- Over 70 per cent of our $2.1 billion sales is driven by timber and building supplies. This scale firmly positions IHG as Australia’s largest timber merchant with in excess of $800m in purchase volume per year
- We are proud to currently supply 21 Frame & Truss operators across Australia in excess of $60 million in timber and building products to this network.
- Members also gain access to long-term strategic alliances we have formed with key trade players including Tilling, ITI, One Forty One, Hyne, Timberlink, AKD, Dindas, James Hardie, CSR, USG Boral, Boral Timber, Paslode, Senco and Hume Doors.
AHW – Support Where It Matters
A business model that supports your local trade heritage and relationships with the backing of Australia’s largest independent hardware network. If you would like to discuss how we can add value to your business, contact me for a discussion today.
IHG Trade Operational Manager
P: 0419 734 178