CODE OF ETHICS & CONSTITUTION
As a member of the Frame and Truss Manufacturers Association of Australia Ltd, a member acknowledges that members have joined together to:
- Provide prompt, friendly and courteous attention to all customers
- Provide advice to builders, renovators and home handy persons
- Not be innuendo or rumour, damage the reputation of another member or disadvantage other members by unfair trading practices
- Provide a high standard of workmanship in the execution of all work performed by us
- Make every effort to resolve complaints and grievances in good faith through reasonable direct communication and negotiation
- Provide a safe working environment
- Promote adequate and effective training of all workers
- Describe products accurately and without misrepresentation, either verbally or in writing
- At all times promote the good standard of our industry
Although all due care has been taken in assembling the information on this site, FTMA Australia accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS
The information contained in this site is copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without the permission of FTMA Australia.
FTMA Australia is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
At the time personal information is collected, FTMA Australia will take reasonable steps to inform its customers about the purpose for which the information is collected, the customers’ right to access the information and other matters contemplated in the National Privacy Principles regulating collection of personal information. FTMA Australia is committed not to use or disclose personal information that it has collected, other than in the manner contemplated within the National Privacy Principles.
In particular, FTMA Australia policy is not to use or disclose personal information other than for the purpose for which it was collected or any reasonable secondary purpose. It is FTMA Australia policy to obtain its customers’ consent before it uses information for a purpose or in a manner different to the purpose or manner that was disclosed to its customer.