FTMA Technical Forum – Monday 24th February 2020
Whether you are interested in the Mid-Rise Lightweight Construction market, prefabricated timber cassettes or are currently doing 3 storey work we encourage you to attend the FTMA Technical Forum at Holmesglen TAFE. The event is open to all timber fabricators and FTMA Supplier members.
WoodSolutions have built a Mid-Rise Model which is a three-storey building representing seven storeys and it is definitely worth viewing. As the FTMA Mid-Rise MIG comes to an end we thought it was worth exploring the work that has been done along with other topics as outlined below.
Topics to be covered at the FTMA Technical Forum include:
- Overview of Frame & Truss Sector Mid-Rise Program and findings
- Overview of Lightweight timber Mid-Rise Systems discussing structural systems, fire separation, acoustics, panelisation and prefabricated supply
- Lightweight Mid-Rise Timber Systems – utilisation and manufacture including floor cassettes, wall systems, roof, lift and stair based shafts
- Panel Presentation by fabricators who have completed Mid-Rise jobs with lightweight framing / cassettes
- The Mid-Rise Buildings which have been completed within our sector focusing on the builders opinions on the ease of construction and assembly
- Feedback from the WoodSolutions Top 100 Builders Discussions: What do Builders expect from our sector and what do you think the solutions are?
- National Training reforms by Forestworks
- Outcomes of the National Frame & Truss Industry Census around employment and training
DATE: Monday 24th February 2020
RSVP: Friday 14th February 2020
WHERE: Holmesglen Chadstone Campus, Cnr Batesford & Warragul Rd, Holmesglen Building 5 Conference Room
TIME: Midday Lunch around Mid-Rise Model followed by Seminar commencing at 1pm
Concludes with BBQ and Drinks at Mid-Rise Model at 5.30pm—7.30pm
COST: $110.00 (GST Incl) 1/2 day Technical Forum, lunch, BBQ and drinks