We are entering our 2nd month of weekly Webinars and to date we have been extremely pleased with the presentations and input from members.
FTMA is recording our webinars so if you miss any, you can still take advantage of accessing the resources via the website.
So far, we have held Webinars on:
Upcoming webinars include
- 16th September – Grant Writing Tips by Shelena Serrano of Vekta Automation who recently helped a fabricator be awarded an Advanced Manufacturing Grant totalling $685,616
- 23rd September – Feedback from Australia’s Top 100 Builders presented by FWPA’s Alastair Woodard
- 30th September – How to Take a Stand Against Domestic Violence which will be presented by Jo Mason at WorkHaven
- 7th October – Timber Treatment Compliance by the wonderful Jack Norton of TPAA who will address issues around treatment for above and below the Tropic of Capricorn which we believe will assist fabricators with certifiers
- 14th October – Chain of Custody Program for Fabricators will explore the importance of timber certification for fabricators with EPWAA’s Dave Gover
- 21st October – Understanding the Australian Sawn Timber Market is an extremely important topic. Fabricators know how their own wood supply works, but do they understand the total market and where the opportunities lie? This webinar includes a presentation from Tim Woods of IndustryEdge and a discussion on how to get – and use – the best market intelligence.
- 28th October – Is Your Timber Fit For Purpose will feature EWPAA’s Andy McNaught, who will outline what you should look for in branding to comply with standards, what certification actually means and how it can be misused and how structural property claims need to be made to comply with AS/NSS4357.
We will continue to do the Webinars and in November, we are thinking it will be the perfect time to hear from some of our sponsors so stay tuned for upcoming events and like always, if our members think of a topic they would like see covered in Webinars please let us know, as these events are for you.
I’d like to conclude by giving a huge shout out to the WoodSolutions Mid Rise Advisory Team as at the start of August, we had never run a Webinar, however, with the expert assistance and guidance from their team, we believe we have got this down pat.