Section 125 of the Fair Work Act 2009, provides that employers must provide a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement to all new employees as soon as practicable after the employee’s employment starts.
The Fair Work Information Statement is updated every year and provides new employees with information about their conditions of employment. The Statement has information on:
- The National Employment Standards
- Right to request flexible working arrangements
- Modern Awards
- Making agreements under the Fair Work Act 2009
- Individual flexibility arrangements
- Freedom of association and workplace rights (general protections)
- Termination of employment
- Right of entry
- The role of the Fair Work Ombudsman and the Fair Work Commission.
Providing the Statement
The Statement can be given to new employees:
- In person
- By mail
- By email
- By emailing a link to the Fair Work Ombudsman website, or;
- By fax
To assist members we have added a link to the latest version of the Fair Work Information Statement in the Member’s Only area of the FTMA News.