There is no doubt we all receive way too many emails on a daily or weekly basis and sometimes it is hard to keep on top of the emails.
FTMA Australia has been conscious of not overloading members with too much information and only sends out our newsletter monthly or important COVID-19 information is sent out as required to ensure businesses are on top of the latest news.
Every man and his dog these days has an online newsletter and it goes without saying that FTMA News is one of the best for fabricators as it is designed especially for you.
Another newsletter I find very informative is FWPA’s Statistic Count which is sent out monthly and contains a wealth of information. Jim Houghton, FWPA’s Statistics & Economics Manager is responsible for producing the newsletter and draws on expert contributions and in my opinion, this is a newsletter you should all sign up to.
In this edition for example they cover:
- Latest Softwood Sales Forecasts Provide a Baseline: Quarterly forecasts of sawn softwood sales provide by ABARES are firmly based in sound theory. They draw on past actual data and deploy few, if any, assumptions.
- Safety First in meeting the challenge of COVID 19: The wood processing sector is continuing to produce essential building materials during the current COVID 19 pandemic.
- The Bridge: Concern for the Next Six Months is Widespread: We continue the occasional series of comments and feedback from around the industry as we journey across the Bridge towards to the COVID Safe economy.
- Employment In waiting room for March:….but hold your breath for April Australia’s unemployment rate ticked up 0.1% to 5.2% in March 2020, another indicator that the full force of the pandemic will not be felt until April at the earliest.
- Retail Sales: Nation Gets Handy: In the bizarre days of March leading up to the more bizarre month of April, Australians hoarded, stocked-up and spent a massive 8.5% more on retail sales than they did in February.
There are many other great articles and every month you get the latest stats and facts to help you make the necessary plans within your business.
Whilst you are visiting the page, make sure you look at what other awesome resources are available via the FWPA page.